A new laser solution for comprehensive wellness of women’s intimate area
Pregnancy, childbirth, hormonal changes or menopause…These and other factors may cause physical changes in the female genital area – vaginal dryness, irritation, lack of lubrication or loss of tissue tone. This all affects women’s confidence and the quality of their sex life
Stress urinary incontinence when doing sports, laughing or coughing, is another symptom. It can even appear in younger women, in some cases 20 -45 years old.
When all of this happens, the latest laser technology can help you recover your trust in your body and to fully enjoy life.
How does it work?
GyneLase™ uses breakthrough CO2 fractional laser technology to carefully heats the tissue of the vaginal wall without damaging it. This stimulates the production of new collagen and the contraction of existing fibres to achieve the desired tightening effect and/or correction of urinary incontinence.
- Vaginal tightening and rejuvenation
- Vaginal dryness and recurring infections
- Stress urinary incontinence (bladder weakness)
- Genital bleaching
Benefits of GyneLase™
- Quick, safe and highly effective
- Gentle treatment for controlled safety
- Minimally invasive, virtually painless procedure
- Only 2 – 3 treatments are needed for optimal results
- No downtime – Immediate return to daily activities
- High patient satisfaction with long term satisfaction
- Comprehensive treatment that improves the quality of life of women
Who is a good candidate for this procedure?
- Any woman who wants to improve vaginal lubrication, sexual satisfaction and/or mild to moderate urinary stress incontinence (from laughing, sneezing, coughing, some exercise).
- This is great alternative for women with minimal to moderate vaginal looseness or laxity not severe enough to need a surgical repair
Before the treatment:
- It is advised not to have the procedure done whilst having your period as the blood may interfere with the laser treatment and make it less effective.
- PAP smear test done within the last 12 months to evaluate suitability for treatment in case of any abnormal results.
- Pregnant women are advised to wait to until 3 months after childbirth before having the treatment. Gynelase™ can be used whilst breastfeeding, even if you want to have more children.
- Treat skin diseases or infections in the treatment area before treatment.
- Sexually transmitted disease (STD) should be checked, diagnosed and treated before treatment.
What to expect during the treatment
- The procedure is performed in iSthetic’s sterile in-house theatre and takes 15 – 20 minutes.
- Since it is a non-surgical treatment, only local anaesthesia is needed, which is applied 30 minutes before the procedure.
- You will be placed in the same position as if you were having your annual examination
- A uniquely designed laser probe (thin, test-tube shaped device) is placed inside the vagina with minimal discomfort.
- The CO2 laser energy that will be delivered through the probe is the same that has been used for many years on facial rejuvenation treatments. You will feel some warmth during the delivery of the laser energy.
- Your doctor control the depth and the amount of laser energy that will be delivered and if you feel any painful sensation, the doctor can adjust the laser settings to make it more comfortable.
- For external treatments, we will attach the appropriate hand piece, which is placed gently on the labial tissues to deliver a similar controlled heat laser.
What to expect after the treatment?
- Treatment is minimally invasive with little downtime.
- You can return to your normal activities almost immediately.
- You will be advised to avoid sexual intercourse or the insertion of tampons for approximately 5 days.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for a week.
- Expect to experience some tenderness and maybe a watery discharge or spotting for a day or so following treatment.
How long does results last?
Results are expected to last 18 months to 2 years for control of urinary incontinence. You may then require top-up treatment sessions to maintain the tightening and control.
How many sessions will I need?
- Although most women will experience improvement in their symptoms within 3 to 4 weeks of their first treatment, the current recommendation is to have 3 treatments performed 1 month apart in order to achieve the maximum vaginal tightening effect.
- It is advised to have a top-up treatment after one year to maintain your results.
Is it safe?
- Gynelase™ is a safe, FDA approved treatment.
- CO2 lasers have been used for the past 30 years and have shown to be safe and effective for many applications including Gynaecology.
- However, to ensure optimum safety and results it is important that the equipment is used by a trained doctor.
Will any form of contraception such as pills, coil or implant interfere with the treatment?
No, there is absolutely no interference with coils, implants and contraceptive pills.