NEW Dermapen – advanced fractional skin needling.
As we age the production of collagen and elastin naturally slows down which leads to wrinkles, sagging and sunken areas in the skin. Stimulating the skin to produce more collagen and elastin is called collagen induction therapy. Skin needling using Dermapen takes this effective collagen induction to the next level resulting in amazing results.
WHY IS IT INNOVATIVE?
The Dermapen’s advanced vertical skin needling technology uses multiple tiny needles to vertically pierce the skin with an automatic vibrating function. When moved across the skin’s surface it stimulates natural collagen and elastin production, whilst allowing fine channels to be created in the skin. Active ingredients from products are directly delivered to the deeper layers of the skin through these micro-channels, enhancing their effects in the deeper layers of the skin.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF DERMAPEN?
- Less discomfort and minimal skin damage.
- Little downtime.
- Disposable needles eliminate the risk of cross contamination.
- Adjustable needle depths allow for a treatment tailored to your individual needs.
- Effectively treat hard to reach places (around the eyes, nose and lips).
IS THE TREATMENT PAINFUL?
IS IT SAFE?
- Fine lines & wrinkles
- Aged & sagging skin
- Skin tightening & rejuvenation
- Large pores
- Scars (acne, surgical and burns)
- Stretch marks
- Smokers lines around the lips
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING THE TREATMENT?
- Cleansing of skin with appropriate cleansing product.
- Anaesthetic cream (occluded with plastic wrap) on the treatment area for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Remove all residue of anaesthetic ointment and follow with a suitable antiseptic toner or wipe.
- Application of serum with suited active ingredients.
- Treatment with Dermapen (three passes with appropriate treatment depth suitable for indication).
- Cool and sooth the treated area with a post treatment mask.
- Apply post-treatment Vitamin Rich Repair cream and SPF 30+.
- Recommend appropriate home care protocols.
AFTERCARE AND RECOVERY
- Immediately following the Dermapen therapy you will look like you have moderate sunburn, your skin may feel warm and tighter than usual. This will start to subside after a few hours and will normally recover on the same day, with only a slight redness the following day.
- The skin is red and swollen for one to two day with a light grazing over the treated area appearing on day two.
- Tepid water for cleansing the area is recommended for the first 48 hours following the procedure. It is recommended not to wear make-up for the first 12 hours after the procedure.
WILL I SEE IMMEDIATE RESULTS?
- Following the Dermapen therapy your body will start to naturally regenerate and repair the skin, the process takes time as new collagen and elastin is formed and your blood supply is enhanced.
- It can take up to 6 weeks before visible signs of regeneration and repair are seen, and the process will continue over the following months, providing you with a gradual and long lasting enhancement.
SUGGESTED TREATMENT PLAN
Skin conditions are different as well as the age of each patient the amount of treatments may vary but here is a guideline:
Rejuvenation: Four to six treatments – four weeks apart
Acne Scarring: Six treatments – two weeks apart
Stretch Marks: 10 treatments – three weeks apart
Lasting and more significant results will occur after four to six treatments.