Botulinum Toxin – The most requested aesthetic treatment in the world
This “injectable facelift” improves negative facial expressions to create a natural, refreshed and relaxed look without wrinkles.
- Wrinkle reduction – frown lines, crow’s feet, forehead wrinkling
- Brow lift
- Downturned mouth corners
- Smoker’s lines
- Excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis)
- Teeth grinding
WHAT IS BOTULINUM TOXIN AND HOW DOES IT WORK?
Botulinum Toxin is a pure preparation of protein. When small doses are injected into muscles, Botulinum Toxin blocks the signals of the nerves to the muscles that cause dynamic wrinkles and negative facial expressions.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING TREATMENT WITH BOTOLINUM TOXIN
- Botulinum Toxin must only be injected by healthcare professionals with specific skills on how to use the product.
- Using a very fine needle, a small amount of a solution of Botulinum Toxin is injected into specific muscle groups.
- Injections are relatively painless, safe with little to no downtime.
- A treatment session takes around 15 to 30 minutes.
HOW QUICKLY DOES IT WORK AND HOW LONG WILL THE EFFECT LAST?
You should notice an effect within four to seven days of your treatment and can expect around four months duration per treatment. Of course, following a homecare regime and undergoing other treatments can lengthen the duration.
ARE THERE ANY SIDE EFFECTS?
- You may feel a little discomfort, swelling or redness at the injection sites.
- Any bruising that might occur will dissolve over a week or two.
- Be sure that any tiny bumps or marks will go away within a few hours after your treatment.
- Avoid rubbing or massaging the treated areas for 24 hours.
- Do not lie down or do strenuous exercise for 4-6 hours post-treatment.
- Avoid alcohol intake for 4-6 hours post-treatment.